“He doesn't sound like he's trying to be good. He just IS.”
— Kate Campbell
ACOUSTIC MUSIC WITH HEART
For over twenty-five years, Jamie has honed his musical vocabulary to infuse his character-driven narratives in just the right finger style guitar groove and warm tenor vocal melody. With two albums released and another coming soon, Jamie has received praise from fans and industry veterans all around the world.
The vivid nature of Jamie’s lyrical and musical style, often lends itself to collaborative multi-media projects. Jamie is currently working with illustrator Nicole Taylor to produce his first full-color children’s book, Proud Penguin, which is slated for release in 2017.
Based on one of Jamie’s most popular tunes, Proud Penguin is a feel-good tale of penguin whose picture of himself changes after an encounter with a seagull. With lush illustrations and few surprises, this book is sure to delight audiences from 1 to 99.
Jamie has shared stages with such singer-songwriter luminaries as Brendan James, Kristen Hall, Jonathan Byrd, Jim Bruno, Maurice Tani, Aireene Espiritu, and Wes Collins. Jamie has played festivals, clubs, parades, music stores, and radio and TV programs from Carolina to California.
Based in the Los Angeles Area, Jamie eagerly looks for new stories to write and new adventures waiting around the bend.
- Song "The Right Time" choosen 'Honorable Mention' in American Songwriter Magazine's Lyric Contest for Nov./Dec. 2011 issue
- Finalist, 13th Annual NC Songwriter’s Co-op Song Contest
- Co-wrote with well-known Nashville songwriter, L. Aschmann
- Co-wrote song “A New Day” and performed it with the UNC Loreleis, an all-female a capella group, for a marriage proposal, Valentine’s Day, 2011
- Opened for nationally-touring artists such as Brendan James, Kristen Hall, and Martha’s Trouble
- Song “Anybody’s Guess” licensed for Uwharrie Vineyards website 2006-08
There are no upcoming events right now.